Here’s a my top 10 phrases to use in December. See if you can name those movies. Answers at the end.
- SON of a NUTcracker!
- Bah Humbug.
- You’ll shoot your eye out.
- Put on your yarmulke, It’s time for Chanukah
- Man, couldn’t someone have dreamt up a goddamn beach?
- Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.
- It does not do to dwell on dreams… and forget to live.
- Let’s just say we’re doing it for a pal in the army.
- What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?He knows about them, doesn’t he?
- He’s got trolls! Hundreds of trolls, who ate all the cookies!
So have you got them all?
- Elf – I have to watch this every year. And I say this phrase at least twice a day. And I might answer my phone “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?”
- A Christmas Carol – I don’t often watch this movie, but I say this phrase year round.
- A Christmas Story – This movie never gets old.
- Saturday Night Live “The Hanukkah Song” – Okay, this isn’t a movie but this song by Adam Sandler is hilarious.
- Inception – One of my all time favorite movies. I will definitely be watching this during my break this month.
- It’s a Wonderful Life – Please tell me you’ve seen this! George Bailey… you had my heart at… “What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That’s a pretty good idea. I’ll give you the moon, Mary.”
- Harry Potter – I love to do a Harry Potter marathon during these cold months. Good vs Evil. “Always”
- White Christmas – This is on Netflix. Woohoo! This movie makes me laugh, cry, dance, and sing. Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye are masters.
- Lord of the Rings – Another great marathon of good vs evil. Friendship, love, and coming home.
- Babes in Toyland – You’ve never seen Drew Barrymore and Keanu Reeves like this! 🙂
What do you think of my list? What are you favorite phrases/movies for December?